Spring weather just makes me want to SQUEEEAAALLLL. I get so happy when I finally get to open the windows, drink coffee outside in the morning & have that sunlight lasting longer after dinner. Ahhh! Isn’t it just the best feeling?!
I thought it would be fun to share five ways you can refresh your home for Spring, I loooove reading magazine articles or blog posts on these types of topics, hopefully you do to!!
- Flowers // Spring is all about flowers & blooms, fresh or faux. I’ve shared these magnolia branches that we have in the dining room a few times, but it can also be as easy as just clipping something from your trees outside! Trader Joes & Whole Foods typically have inexpensive bouquets, a small vase of fresh flowers can really bring a room to life. I am so ready for peony season!!!
- Spring Cleaning // Clean all of your windows & get them open! So much of the Spring Hygge has to do with the way it feels to have the sunlight & breeze pouring in! Do all of your deep cleaning and scrubbing so everything is sparkling in the sunlight. This is also a good time to organize closets, pantries, all the things that drive you nuts the rest of the year so you can truly enjoy the simplicity of the season!
- Bright & White Linens // Bring out all the light, white linens! All white bedding gives a bedroom such a fresh and clean look. I love to keep my bedding white all year but add seasonal throw pillows & blankets. We pack away all of our heavy blankets, fur pillows, and dark colors and bring out all the light, airy layers! I don’t normally buy anything new, just rotate things. I also like to shop my own house, move pillows and quilts from room to room. Every now and then I like to give the girls big euro pillows on their beds or bring playful pink throw pillows downstairs to the couch. If your house has a cohesive color scheme & lots of neutrals, it is easy to swap things around! Linen napkins & tablecloths are also a way to soften up a dining space, fold them up and set them out in a basket or where they can be seen.
- Declutter & Organize // Spring screams simplicity to me, I love to declutter & donate, and then organize what’s left. The girls rooms, the playroom & the office typically are overflowing after the holidays, and once the weather is nice, I like to donate as many toys as we can since the girls will likely spend lots more time outside. Pretty baskets & trays are a good way to organize your things so that your home looks tidy but still lived in.
- Spring Scents // Don’t forget the way your house smells!! This is one of the best, and easiest ways to bring all the Spring feels into your home. The smell of fresh flowers, fruit, freshly cut grass (open those windows!) or put something yummy in your diffuser!! One of my favorite blends for Spring is grapefruit, orange & geranium!
I hope you find something helpful here or that you have been inspired to refresh your home a little bit this season! Would love to know your favorite ways to welcome Spring around the house if you have anything to share!! XO
SCROLL USING THE ARROWS TO SHOP THE POST